May 31, 2015

Adler Miniatures review - part 6

I couldn’t help but chuckle a bit as I wrote the title of this post. When I started my homepage which then became this blog, its main reason for being was to ‘promote’ Adler Miniatures ACW range, which I thought at the time received very little love. And only now am I finally getting around to the cavalry of that range.

Alright, let’s get on with it. Mounted minis in this unit (10th Ohio Cavalry in case you can’t decipher the significance of the microscopic flag and yes, the only reason for it being that particular unit is because I could find their flag on the net Ler) are from ACWC1 and ACWC7 strips of Adler’s ACW cavalry range and are equipped with carbines and pistols. To be honest, I can’t recall if the dismounted guys are from ACW10B or from XACW12. Command base here is however definitely XACW13. Horseholder bases consist of ACW12B and ACW13B.


As for the minis themselves, it’s standard Adler stuff – anatomically totally incorrect, with pumkin-heads and closer to 8, maybe even 9 mm than 6.  Also, for those sensible to such things, a word of warning – pretty much every barrel on the rifles of minis of dismounted troopers strips will break off the instant you look sternly at them. Personally I couldn’t care less about any of those minis’ faults, as I’m childishly fond of them because of the their detail and variety in the range. And, they look good to me on the playing table. However, to each his own, so have a look at the pictures and make up your own mind.

Regiment in all of its splendour.

Mounted.

Unmounted, deployed for combat, reduced by 25 percent due to the need of horse-holders.

Horse-holder bases. Legacy of the first ruleset I’ve used for ACW and not really necessary, but they were integral part of ACW cavalry tactics and I like the way they look on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment