March 04, 2018

Painting for leisure

Some time at the end of last year I’ve grown seriously fed up with having to constantly deal with some sort of terrain projects. Trees, hedges, walls, houses – it felt like it was all that I was doing and I wanted to paint some minis again. What’s more, I also felt like painting something “different”… And I wanted to have a chance to play around with those new Scale 75 acrylics I’ve aquired at last year’s C4 exhibition.

And then I remembered… long, long time ago, I’ve bought a dozen or so miniatures from Hasslefree Miniatures. For those unfamiliar with the company, it’s a ‘one man band’ that produces some wonderful minis of wide variety. If there’s one thing they have in common, it’s not the theme, but rather the humor (often sarcastic) and wickedness of the sculpt. At least in my opinion, they are as much gaming miniatures as they are little works of art. Well worth checking out, if you’re unfamilar with the company!

Anyway… at the time I bought those minis, they were intended for a zombie project of some sort. And maybe, if I ever get there, they will be cracking some zombie sculls on the gaming table. But for now, I’m just painting them for fun. And here’s the first batch. Hope you like what you see!

2018_Blog_023
Jess

2018_Blog_022
Tony

2018_Blog_024
Ashlee Campbell

2018_Blog_027

Ray

1 comment: