July 28, 2012

Gladiators from Crusader Miniatures

Believe it or not, I had best intentions to write this post just at the latest a couple of days after my review of Morituri Te Salutant. Time really flies when you’re not having any fun.

Anyway… Those of you who has been following this blog for a while (that means you and you… and maybe you) do perhaps remember a bunch of gladiator miniatures from Crusader Miniatures. Well, as it turns out, I have painted a useful bunch of those figures during the course of last year. The only reason why they haven’t already made an appearance on the blog is that setting up the camera for decent close-ups is such a hassle (in other words, I’m lazy). But considering the topic of my previous post, it’s about time for me to introduce them to the interwebs.

So here they are, in no particular order. And in case you wonder, yes, I really enjoyed painting those figures – they have crisp detail, fun poses and almost no flash out of the blister. Figures like that pretty much paint themselves, I just help with the brush movement. It must be said though – finding decent motifs for gladiatorial shields is pure pain in the butt. If any of the visitors could point me in the right direction, any help would be of great assistance.

IMG_0002IMG_0011IMG_0012IMG_0020IMG_0021

2 comments:

  1. Nice painting, I used to have a bunch of these made by Gladiator Minis, now owned by Black Hat. They make for a fun game. Sorry I can't really help with the shield designs, possibly mythological????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Ray. So, what rules did you use with those gladiator minis? As you perhaps know, I'm on the prowl after 'that perfect ruleset'. :-)

    ReplyDelete